Holiday Lets

February 28, 2018

Thinking of running a holiday let?

Running a holiday let is treated by HM Revenue and Customs in the same way as a trading business and so there are different tax considerations to a buy to let investment. It is important you seek professional tax advice for an investment.

For a property to qualify as a holiday let, and to stop people from trying to get around the system by renting it like a buy to let, the property has to be available for at least 210 days per year, it has to be actually let for at least 105 days and there can’t be any periods of longer term accommodation (31 days at a time) that add up to more than 155 days.

Read more