We’ve been assisting lots of clients new and old, who are confused about what funding is available to their business. We thought putting together a series of summaries around the various financial products available to businesses would be a fantastic way to give something back.
The document focuses on invoice finance, you may be aware of how these facilities work. If not, we’ll help answer the question; “What is Invoice Finance?”.
Invoice Financiers use unpaid invoices as security for providing funding. Approved businesses access a percentage of an invoice’s value, typically 85 or 90% and quickly; sometimes within 24 hours. The amount of funding given is based on the risk appetite of the Finance provider.
Invoice Finance is growing in popularity among UK SMEs, particularly those with long cash collection cycles like construction, manufacturing and recruitment.
There are two main types of Invoice Finance, Factoring and Invoice Discounting:
- Factoring allows businesses to generate money against unpaid invoices. The finance provider will lend you up to 90% of the value of your invoices. It will also manage your sales ledger and collect payment for your invoices directly from your customers, hence the term ‘disclosed invoice finance’. They will then deduct the costs of the factoring service, before paying you the remaining balance.
- Invoice Discounting works similarly to Factoring but as a business, you retain control of customer payments, hence the term ‘undisclosed invoice finance’. Your business pays a fee and a ‘discount charge’ (similar to interest) if the funding is utilised, similar to a standard Overdraft.
There are also a few different ways you can finance your debtor book within the two above structures, as illustrated below.
- Selective or Spot Factoring essentially means only funding a select few or single debtor. For example, as a business you may only have one customer who you supply on terms, the rest may pay as soon as the invoice is raised. In this scenario, you would only need to finance that customer’s invoice, for which a selective invoice finance line would work.
- Whole ledger finance is used when all of your customers pay on terms, and as a result, you require your whole debtor ledger to be funded, not just a select one or few.
A question to ask yourself is “How much cash have I got stuck in my debtor book, could having access to 85% or 90% of that capital help my business?”
If you’d like to arrange a no obligation exploratory call to discuss, please get in touch.
New to Factoring ? You will be surprised at just how effectively a flexible Factoring arrangement can assist your Cash Flow and Working Capital problems. In essence a Factoring facility draws cash quickly in to the business by converting your debtor book into readily available revenue, the security for the advance being the invoice itself.
No matter what the age and size of your business we can normally provide a workable and cost effective Factoring solution to improve the cash flow in to your business at rates often far better than overdraft terms.
Key benefits of a Factoring Solution include:
- Up to 85% of the Invoice Value paid to you on issue.
- On-line process and cash paid in to your account same day / next day
- Facility available to new start business with turnover from just £100K per annum
- Bad debt insurance can be included if necessary to give additional peace of mind
- Factoring can be offered to most Business types and Industry Sectors
- Reduced finance costs over traditional overdraft facilities
- Easy to set up and the service can be operational within 7 – 10 working days
We offer free and unbiased advice and will tailor a Factoring and Invoice Finance solution for clients to meet their exact needs and budget. Our level of service is extremely high which is vital at a time when more and more businesses are finding that they have to look beyond the traditional Bank overdraft to satisfy their increasing cash flow needs. We will provide you a view of the entire market – quickly and efficiently and can implement a Factoring solution without disruption to the running of your business.
For more information and to see how a flexible Factoring Solution can benefit your business Please call us today or submit an enquiry and we will contact you.